Ayurvedic Treatment for Bacterial Skin Infections
Staphylococcus and Streptococcus are the common bacteria causing infection in skin. It commonly includes Boils and Cellulitis.
Causes of Bacterial Infection of the Skin
Even though everyone is exposed to bacteria, only a few get affected by infection due to certain factors like:
- Low immune power.
- Damaged skin due to burns, eczema, cracks or dry skin.
- Surgical intervention, giving injections without proper aseptic precautions.
- Any trauma or injury due to fall or accidents.
- Spread of infection from an infected person through razor, towels, pillow cover, etc.
- Certain diseases like HIV, cancer can also precipitate.
Symptoms of Bacterial Infection of the Skin include
- Pus-filled boils/blisters.
- Ulcer or sore formation.
- Fluid discharge.
- Red rashes with swelling.
- In severe infection you may get fever also.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Bacterial Infection of the Skin
You can take the below medicines internally to treat the bacterial infection:
- Aragwadhadi Kashayam, Mahatiktakam Kashayam, Patolakaturohinyadi Kashayam
- Kaishore guggulu
- Neem tablets
- You can use Triphala Powder to prepare decoction to cleanse your body and wound
These medicines have Pitta dosha pacifying properties and also purifies your blood. It will relieve you from itching associated with a bacterial infection.
Dos and Dont’s
- If you have any wounds, do the proper dressing and apply ointments.
- Wash your wound with a proper antiseptic solution.
- Keep your skin well moistened.
- Include wheat, dates, raisins, pomegranate, gooseberry, ginger, coriander, pepper, long pepper, and buttermilk in your diet.
- Avoid pickles, sauce, curds. Reduce salty, sour, and spicy foods.
- Avoid pitta aggravating diet and lifestyle.
- Avoid more exposure to a hot environment and humid climate.
- Avoid alcohol intake and smoking.
- Avoid sharing towels, razors, etc. with others.
- Minimize long-distance travelling.
- Neem Tablets
Benefits of NEEM
- Anti Bacterial, Anti Parasitic, Anti Fungal and Anti Viral
- Anti Inflammatory
- Anti Malarial
- Detoxifies and Purifies Blood
- Treats Infections
- Acts as a Deworming Agent
- Treats Skin Disorders
- Helps in the Management of Diabetes
2 tablets once or twice daily.